What's new

NETGEAR QoS problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

Okay So I have an R6250 thats only a few months old, this ALSO happens on the R7000. But Upload QoS enabled just so that when uploading on my 2Mbps upload cable connection to keep my pings down. Well ping is fine I can have something downloading, streaming, and uploading to youtube at the same time ping will stay around the 40ms range to google. But forbid a wireless device (thats connected to the actual router, and not an AP) Starts uploading the ping shoots up as if the QoS does NOT apply to Wireless devices even though the speed shows that QoS is in affect, it even happens with a simple speed test and will cause High ping to the connection on the weird devices.

This happened on BOTH the R7000 and the R6250. I really would like to run stock firmware but this is just awful! DD-WRT this does not happen nor does tomato, but with 3rd party firmware I have to use another AP for the upstairs clients and it kills the WiFi performance on the R6250 with 3rd party firmware.

I ran QoS on and off and did a speedtest before and after. Invariably the download is faster with QoS off. I have Comcast Blast.

QoS on my R7500V2 with the latest firmware 1.0.2.2 decreases my download speed by 20 Mbps. We are talking oranges and apples here.

QoS on my R7500V2 with the latest firmware 1.0.2.2 decreases my download speed by 20 Mbps. We are talking oranges and apples here.

If the R7500v2 is like the R7000 theres two seperate QoS functions. A Download tab and an upload tab. You only have to enable the upload. When enabling Download QoS on my R7000 it kills my download.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!