What's new

netgear r6250 wireless issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elkido122

Occasional Visitor
so when i try to stream on my wireless laptops or my cell phone to a app called twitch it buffers and lags on wireless.. i have comcast cable and on hardwire this is not a problem.. any suggestions on wireless settings? i use wpa2 aes

Happy to help if you can provide some real symptoms and what you've already tried.

Such as

problem 100% of the times you attempt?
indicated signal strength when problems arise?
Does web browser work OK?
Can you stream YouTube videos OK?
Does your device and app work properly on any other WiFi system?

Are the "twitch" app servers in Korea?

thank you for your response. the signal strength does fluctuate between 3-4 bars even in my room on my galaxy s3 phone, which i use the app on. i dont have another computer to try it on thats wireless at the moment. the problem exist about 70% of the time on the app. now im not sure where the twitch app servers are located.. kinda beyond me.

3-4 bar variation: normal.

So next step is to try the client device at a friend/relative's house, etc.

Troubleshooting is the process of elimination of possible causes.

well it didnt do it on my lte on my phone. but also i tried my wireless again and the app, it didnt lag tonight so well see.. haha

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!