What's new

Netgear R7000 New FW 1.0.4.28 Released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

microchip

Very Senior Member
Supports ReadyCLOUD.

Bug Fixes:

Fixes the iTunes Server compatibility issue with iTunes 12.1.
Fixes the SOAP API security flaw.
Fixes the issue in which the Internet connection drops frequently if the DHCP server offers a short term lease time.

---------------------

Works with no issues, but IPv6 ICMPv6 packets are still filtered. IMO, this FW was rushed

I've had excellent results over the last 1+ year with my R7000. That is up until I got a Samsung Galaxy S6.

For some reason when this phone is connected to the R7000 my throughput speeds slowly diminish over the course of the day, forcing me to reboot the R7000 to recover the lost speed. And I'm using my R7000 in AP mode.

I've tried the last 3 firmware versions, including the one listed above and finally threw in the towel and tried the Vortex-Merlin project, which is the Asus AC firmware converted to run on the R7000. After 1.5 days, no speed loss. And, it sure seems like my fringe RF reception is stronger with this Asus firmware. So, I'm cautiously optimistic.

You may wish to give it a try. I cannot say how well it works in router mode, but AP mode seems stable and robust.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/asuswrt-merlin-on-netgear-r7000.71108/

I've also today threw in the towel. Although FW is stable, the fact that ICMPv6 is filtered and the fact that each time one of my computers tries to renew its IPv6 lease time makes the dhcp6s crash on the router, did it for me. So I went back to my trusty AC66U. The R7000 was my very first product from Netgear and will also be my last one. Horrible dumbed down firmware

I've also today threw in the towel. Although FW is stable, the fact that ICMPv6 is filtered and the fact that each time one of my computers tries to renew its IPv6 lease time makes the dhcp6s crash on the router, did it for me. So I went back to my trusty AC66U. The R7000 was my very first product from Netgear and will also be my last one. Horrible dumbed down firmware

Have the same phone and the same problem. Most frustrating problem ever. My macbooks wireless performance degrades over the day. but it goes back to normal when I reboot the macbook. This also happens on BOTH my wives computer and mine. Both macbooks.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online