What's new

Netgear R7500V2 ddrt firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to flash the router with the ddrt firmware which it is available for the r7500 or if it is only for the r7500v1. Thanks

I doubt it would be wise to do so as the 5Ghz chipset in the V1 is from Quantenna and the V2 is a fully Qualcomm device.

There is only an OpenWRT build available for the R7500v1 (but fairly old now).

Nothing unfortunately on the site for the R7500v2..

The team from www.myopenrouter.com should be able to confirm.

I'll also check with them..

I do not have the link but I believe there is an openwrt firmware release for the X4 R7500 V2. But it was reported that that firmware had some problems. Just curious, why Netgear decided that the R7500 V2 does not support ReadyCloud so USB drive can be accessed on the network? I am running the latest firmware 1.0.2.2.

Per the current schedule, R7800 ReadyCloud support will be added late Q1 (March) and R7500v2 mid to late Q2 (no exact ETA as yet)

Thank you NETGEAR Guy. Looking forward to the new firmware release. Frankly the hardware seems real solid, the firmware is also real good for most functions except for the USB and eSata connectors. There was no need to all the bells and whistles i.e. Media Player, Vault, etc...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!