What's new

Netgear R9000, A little nighmare ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kim Puleston

Regular Contributor
Hey guys,

Is it me or is this product somewhat hit and miss ? It looks like that way from more research I have done (Wish I had done before purchase). I have had not end of issues with the WIFI on this unit, for what ever reason the 2.4Ghz and 5ghz band simply will not become visible even though the WIFI switch is on and they are properly configured in the GUI.

The 60Ghz band oddly however appears to work on and off, though ironically when I enable the WIFI button it gets disabled. I have tried latest Official Netgear and Voxel firmware to no avail, I have reset via GUI and Hard Reset via 7 seconds push and 30-30-30 method.

I am in the process of returning the unit as I beleive it to be buggered.

Did anyone else face this ? Perhaps even fix it somehow ?

Thanks,
Kim

It seems you've been given a lemon as that is definitely not normal behaviour for the R9000. You should get the router replaced from where you bought it.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!