What's new

Netgear WNDR3700 as a AP - can't check for new firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nikleb

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I got a Netgear WNDR 3700 a while back. When I logon to it, it has an automatic firmware upgrade check. However, it is not working. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I set it up as an access point (no router).

Any tips?

Error:

No Internet connection is detected, the router can not check the NETGEAR server for updated firmware. After setting up your Internet connection, go to the \"Router Upgrade\" page to check for updated firmware.

perhaps it's hard-coded to use the device's WAN port.
Seems like you could use a PC to download newer firmware then have the device browse to that folder to install.

He's right...

...I have the same device in AP mode, and it no longer scans the Internet for firmware updates. I have to go to the NETGEAR site to determine if there's new firmware for the WNDR3700 and, if there is, I download it to a folder and manually browse to that folder for upgrading purposes.

yea thats annoying, you must have a good wan link up for it to check firmware and do its self updater

got it.

BTW. is everybody web access to the router flaky as well? I sometimes ahve to use the browser stop button and reload the page to get anywhere.

Hi,

I got a Netgear WNDR 3700 a while back. When I logon to it, it has an automatic firmware upgrade check. However, it is not working. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I set it up as an access point (no router).

Any tips?

Error:

No Internet connection is detected, the router can not check the NETGEAR server for updated firmware. After setting up your Internet connection, go to the \"Router Upgrade\" page to check for updated firmware.
Mine was doing the same thing. The feature used to work, then it stopped working around the time the .98 firmware became available. Since I updated to the .98 firmware it seems to be checking again. Go figure.