What's new

New D-Link Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ezack3636

New Around Here
Has anybody looked at this new D-link AC router since it's US release a few weeks ago ? Can't find any reviews online.
D-Link DIR-880L Wireless AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router
I am considering it. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Has anybody looked at this new D-link AC router since it's US release a few weeks ago ? Can't find any reviews online.

Thanks
Do you have a short-list of candidate products? And the merits of each?
(assuming you NEED 11ac at its cost premium)

Looks like a standard Broadcom based design with BCM4708A CPU and BCM4360 radios. The design keeps the USB connector far away from the radios and has shields over both sides of connector shell.

You are going to see AC1900 prices push downward as AC3200 routers start appearing... sooner than you think.

Thanks

hi

the new 880L has the new dlink gui included which makes it a nice change from the old orange look we have seen in the past and it also makes it far more intuitive , it does lack features some of the tech savvy users would want , but its far easier and better for the average man on the street to use gui wise

The 5 gig performance is quite good overall and holds its head up there with the likes of the linksys EA6900

one main issue atm is you cant disable the obss co existence and thus the router will force its self down to 20mhz only on 2.4 gig if any local interference is detected , making the 2.4 gig side quite slow

it is in the same broadcom family as most of the leading routers we are seeing atm so its no surprise its performance is also in the same ball park

certainly if your determined to buy a Dlink then this is the one to go for atm

pete

Having encountered more than one bad-by-design D-Link WiFi products over many years, personally they're on my not-again list.

I also worked with them on their professional outdoor APs way back and that was not a good experience.

But, this is just personal opinion - that there are better fish to catch.

Tim, are you getting one of these to test?