What's new

new netgear router and new modem.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

virenanchan

New Around Here
I recieved a Netgear R6260 wireless router commercial real estate consultant a couple weeks ago. About a week before that, I got a new Cisco DPC3216 modem from my ISP, Spectrum.

Before getting the Netgear, prabhadevi apartment mumbai I had a Linksys route that works flawlessly, yet now with the New year I'm having daily (sometimes several times a day) drops of connection. commercial property in pune

The only thing that will restore connection is a powercycles of the modem and the router.

On a call with Spectrum, they 'reset' the modem from their end but could not identify a reason for the drops. On a call to Netgear they could not identify a problem and suggested that I plug the modem directly to my desktop and just wait to see if the dropped connection happens. Yes, obviously, I could do that, but I have wireless devices for my work that need as much of a constant connection as possible. So running off on what could be a wild goose chase like that could prove to be troublesome.

Last edited:
It's Netgear they are having all kinds of issues with there firmwares on many of there routers and this has been going on for over a year almost 2. Hit the Netgear forums and see for yourself.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!