What's new

New network design

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GegiDancer

New Around Here
My family is remodeling the wifi setup in our home. It is made out of two connected hauses, each around 1500sqft -see the image.

The current wifi setup lacks especially on the range of routers. There is a floor plan with all the signal strenght in the image bellow, the x marks the routhers, and its colour defines the range. A circled x is a wired routher, yes thesse are all of possible wired access points. The main routher-modem is the red X. The wifi signal sadly lacks on all the exclamation marks. Routers we use now are Edimax BR-6428nS V3.

What routers and system would you choose on the setup?
Was thinking of aimesh system for one common ssid. Three band on the primary router, so there is possibility for undisturbed extenders in the upper and lower floor? Which routers would be the best for the job?
If you have any videos or text that would help me choose please let me know!

Thank you!

How are the floors and walls constructed ? What materials are used ?

What is your ISP internet connection bit rate Down/Up ? Possible future up/down bit rate ?

is each floor about 500 ft2 ?

Plan on using an AX spec wireless AP or router configured as AP plus one wireless router
You may be able to use just one in each building mounted on the Left and Right outside walls on the middle floor of each building.
You will want to use wired ethernet connection for backhaul between the main router and all APs or repurposed wireless routers. Avoid wireless backhaul unless there is a dedicated radio.

If the 2 red Xs circled are your intended AP points, they look too close to me. Are the houses joined by inside wall or outside wall, maybe brick? Are there kitchens or bathrooms with tile in between?

The red X down below is the main router.