What's new

New Router AC1200/AC1750/AC1900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gilgames

New Around Here
Hi guys, unfortunately my router died few days ago. It was a, now obsolete, D-Link DKT-810 and I've been happy with it (for like ~8 years without having troubles) 'cause in the place i live the maximum connection possible is 10Mbps. Now the fact is that my parent's house is near mine and i need a router that is able to cover the entire area like the D-Link DKT-810 always did. Since I need a new router i want to upgrade to an AC1200/AC1750/AC1900 one. So how can I know what's the best router for my purposes? I see from SNB charts these routers but I don't know which is the best one for me:

- TP-Link Archer C7 $90
- TP-Link Archer C5 $75
- D-Link DIR-868L $90

Even if the D-Link DIR-868L and the TP-Link Archer C7 are overall better than the TP-Link Archer C5, the Router Ranker says that the TP-Link Archer C5 has better 2.4Ghz Range (or at least i think it's so).
Is there any other router that has better range than these ones? If not, which of these in your opinion is the best for me? Thanks in advance guys and sorry for my bad english, I'm italian.

Last edited:
I have maybe 15 clients, not all active at the same time obviously. After having observed massive random instability problems with TP-Link WDR3600, which by now should have mature factory and 3rd party firmware, I have blamed the instability on overheating, and from the looks of the internals, neither WDR3600, Archer C5, or C7 have any internal heatsinks. So I skipped all of those and went for Archer C8 as replacement. The C8 is supposed to be TP-Link's latest generation AC1750 router, with better internals than C7, and it does have a sizable heatsink from the pictures on SNB reviews. Got mine for $110 on a good sale (just barely more expensive than C7), installed the latest factory firmware, and it has been working great so far.

Last edited: