What's new

New router = constant activity outgoing!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iGirl

New Around Here
I've replaced a DOA Microsoft G router, Installed a new NetGear N300 last week that generated repeated DoS Attack:STORMs and also hung occasionally - returned it - and got a Linksys E2000 today.

Both the new routers were installed and exhibited something I had never seen before using the previous setup. CONSTANT outgoing activity.

I only know this because I am running Little Snitch (an internet/network monitor program for OSX). The activity is being generated by - mDNSResponder - and outgoing to - dns-cc-lb-01.rr.com - (I recognize the last bit as being part of Roadrunner Cable - my ISP provider.)

I've tried resetting everything, restarting everything only to have it continue. It's a bit disconcerting to see outgoing data and I would like to stop it if possible. Anyone know what this is exactly?

Temporary fix

In Terminal - type -

sudo killall mDNSResponder

This will STOP the outgoing stream, while not disabling internet or other Bonjour services. It is temporary however, and not a fix. Logging off or restarting will go right back to resuming the offending activity.

EDIT: ADDITIONAL INFO - APPARENT SOLUTION

No surprise, I've been researching everywhere trying to solve this problem... I ran into others having the same issues and we seem to have deduced that it is related to Epson software we all recently installed on our systems.

Removing the offending software seems to solve the issue - reported, fine tuning the Epson software also may possibly resolve it. So far, this is the apparent cause, and fix. This may not be the case for others experiencing similar issues. More info here -

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12054260#12054260

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!