What's new

Newbie 🙂 ASUS AX82U v1 WiFi Query

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoeB14

New Around Here
Hi all, newbie here and hoping you can assist. I’ve got Virgin Media cable 1 gigabit with a super hub 5 in modem mode, attached to an ASUS AX82U v1 router. As the router does not have WAN 2.5 I’ve got a cat6 going from port 1 on the modem to WAN on router…. All seems to be good and if I hard wire into the router I’m hitting ~1gbps give or take.. but question is around WIFI… Now I know there are sooo many things that can influence the speed a device gets through WiFi, but are there any specific settings within the routers UI that people have changed that positively improved WiFi connectivity? Many thanks 😀

Generally the default WiFi settings are sufficient for most people.
It may help others provide recommendations on what settings to possibly change if you provide more information about your setup and use case.
What types of WiFI devices are you using? And how many? What are their WiFi capabilities?
How are they connected? (using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz WiFi)?
What is their current WiFi speed the WiFi clients are connected at using the default router WiFi settings?
How is the local WiFi environment? (location construction, neighboring WiFi routers, etc.)
Do you have a specific use case for your WiFi or router setup? (VPN or WiFi guest networks for example)
Do you have any services (AiProtection, QoS, VPN, etc) currently enabled on the router?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!