What's new

Nighthawk X10 intermittent no internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phoenix

Regular Contributor
So I have the Nighthawk X10 with the latest official firmware. Everything works great but at times I would click on a bookmark, doesn't matter which one, and the page would not load for like 10-15 seconds as if there was no internet then suddenly everything works for all the sites or apps that were trying to use the internet.

Tried resetting the router to stock but no luck, tried going back to older firmwares but also the same.

This happens whether I am using no AV and the Windows Firewall or with ESET Internet Security

Any suggestions?

I have a fiber optic internet connection with 100MBPS Down / 20 MBPS up

I used the ISP DNS and just now switched to the Cloud Flare DNS but still the same

Just downgraded the firmware to V1.0.2.52 to see if it'll fix the issue. I haven't tried this firmware before

To get a better idea , need more info, ie:

When did it start as in did it occur after a certain change in router firmware, client device change?

Issue with all devices or a particular one. If it’s a particular laptop what WiFi card?

Also what band, channel and what channel width (HT40/80/160) or is it occurring on both bands?

Is Smart Connect enabled?

Is HT160, MU-MIMO or Implicit Beamforming enabled?

Is DDoS Protection enabled? Some devices can cause issues with that feature ie Arlo.

Is Dynamic QoS enabled?

If you did a firmware upgrade, did you factory reset? In some cases certain changes can cause issues with old configs.

Best to post router settings images from Basic & Advanced WiFi settings and WAN settings pages. Some people did have issues with the latest firmware though.

Last edited:
To get a better idea , need more info, ie:

When did it start as in did it occur after a certain change in router firmware, client device change?

Issue with all devices or a particular one. If it’s a particular laptop what WiFi card?

Also what band, channel and what channel width (HT40/80/160) or is it occurring on both bands?

Is Smart Connect enabled?

Is HT160, MU-MIMO or Implicit Beamforming enabled?

Is DDoS Protection enabled? Some devices can cause issues with that feature ie Arlo.

Is Dynamic QoS enabled?

If you did a firmware upgrade, did you factory reset? In some cases certain changes can cause issues with old configs.

Best to post router settings images from Basic & Advanced WiFi settings and WAN settings pages. Some people did have issues with the latest firmware though.
Looks like it was my ISP as the issue didn't occur for the past 24 hours. I'll post all the details you asked for if it does recur. Thank you

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online