What's new

Nighthawk X10 R9000 Firmware v1.0.3.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phoenix

Regular Contributor
Download

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports Smart Connect.
  • Includes enhancements for the VLAN/bridge settings.
  • Supports DFS channels 20 MHz, 40 MHz, and 80 MHz.
  • Improved the system stability.
Bug Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerability issues

Just tried the Smart Connect feature and it auto connected my laptop which has a Killer AC1535 WLAN card to the 5GHz Network connected @ 866 MBPS. That's a very nice surprise as I've had a bad experience with every ASUS router in the past including the AC5300 and AC88U where with Smart Connect, they would always connect my to the 2.4 GHz network limiting my internet speed since I sit about 10 feet away from the router and there are like 2 walls between me and the router. So glad that I can finally turn on Smart Connect on this router and still be able to be connected to the 5GHz network automatically. Maybe because it has better range than the ASUS routers or because Netgear's Smart Connect implementation is better.

It's a pity, I just prepared release with a stock 1.0.2.52 integration :).

Well, I'll publish my build anyway. Waiting GPL codes of 1.0.3.6 release for next release...

Voxel.

Wait, this isn't the release that changes all your file sizes to 2g if you use USB SMB is it?

No, 2GB problem was in 1.0.2.106 (some beta released in August). 1.0.2.52 is some official release, compiled at the end of November, published for download at the end of December:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/netgear-x10-r9000-firmware-issues.42943/

(there is some mess in NG numeration... I agree)

In any case I would not release my build with such 2GB problem :). Samba is one of key functionality of R9000. In any case, there is no 2GB problem in my build.

Voxel.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online