What's new

No file transfer to USB drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SkidsinFrance

New Around Here
Hi, Im hoping someone could help! Ive got an RT-AC68U that has been working fine for the last couple of years with attached 3TB usb drive, Ive had no problems transfering files to the drive which is used as a media hub. Now im having problems! I can no longer transfer files to it via a Win 10 PC, I can view existing files on the PC but can no longer transfer to the disk. Merlin is all up to date with 386.14, Dosent matter what I do with Samba it makes no difference. Shows R/W permissions ok as it did before. Thanks for any help.

Have you checked the system log on the router to see if it indicates a specific error or issue related to the USB hard drive?
Have you tried rebooting the router?
Have you tried ejecting the USB hard drive, rebooting the router, then reconnecting the USB hard drive after the router has finished rebooting?
Have you checked the USB hard drive for errors on a Windows PC.
As a troubleshooting step, access the Windows Credentials Manager and remove any credentials for the router that may be listed, then try accessing the router again (providing username and password if needed).

Dumb questions. Do you have quotas set up? Are you sure there's space? (I've had a log file go daft and fill an ssd)