What's new

No Internet Router Message

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fotingo

Regular Contributor
Does anybody know where is this located?
192.168.1.1/blocking.asp

and how can I disable that file?
I would like to disable it because it keeps popping up on a device that does not need internet access as I am only using it within my LAN, but the router sends this message every few minutes to that device.

Thanks.

Does disabling (setting to No) the Enable WAN down browser redirect notice on the Administration > General page of the router GUI stop that page from appearing?

PS: If you do a forum search using the search feature you'll see the following past discussion which has a couple of posts dealing with that page, where it's located (/www/blocking.asp) and how to possibly replace it:

Last edited:
Does disabling (setting to No) the Enable WAN down browser redirect notice on the Administration > General page of the router GUI stop that page from appearing?

PS: If you do a forum search using the search feature you'll see the following past discussion which has a couple of posts dealing with that page, where it's located (/www/blocking.asp) and how to possibly replace it:
I will try Setting Enable WAN down browser redirect notice to "No", and see what happens.
That forum post is about changing the message on that blocked page. What I want to do is to block or disable that message from even coming up.

What I want to do is to block or disable that message from even coming up.
Instead of trying to completely stop or remove the "unable to access the internet" webpage, one simple solution might be to modify the ASP file so that it gets displayed only for a very brief instant (a second or so, usually less) and then automatically goes back to the previous webpage.

You can download a modified version of the "blocking.asp" file that behaves as I described above:
Bash:
curl -LSs --retry 3 --retry-delay 5 --retry-connrefused \
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Martinski4GitHub/CustomMiscUtils/master/Misc/ModifiedBlockingPage.asp \
-o /jffs/scripts/ModifiedBlockingPage.asp && chmod 664 /jffs/scripts/ModifiedBlockingPage.asp

Once the modified ASP file is downloaded & stored on the router, run the following code on your SSH terminal window so you can test & verify if it works well for your particular case:
Bash:
{
    umount /www/blocking.asp 2>/dev/null
    if mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/ModifiedBlockingPage.asp /www/blocking.asp
    then
        printf "\nModified blocking webpage is now mounted:\n"
        mount | grep /www/blocking.asp
    fi
}

If it does work for you then add the following lines to the "services-start" script to make the change persist across reboots:
Bash:
## Mounting modified version of "blocking.asp" webpage ##
umount /www/blocking.asp 2>/dev/null
if mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/ModifiedBlockingPage.asp /www/blocking.asp
then
    /usr/bin/logger -t "$(basename "$0")_$$" "Modified blocking webpage is now mounted."
fi

My 2 cents.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!