What's new

No new firmware for my beloved RT-AX88U pro ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeKeiser

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I'm very very happy with my RT-AX8u Pro, it's running very stable, speed is really fast.
But it's been a while that it's using the same firmware : 3.0.0.6.102_33308-gfb75e0b_344-g69f33
No new firmware means that it's a really stable firmware. So it's good.
But what about security ? I remember my old and also beloved Netgear 7800 had many firmwares to upload, fixing stuffs and fixing security issues.

Thanx for your answers :)

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I'm very very happy with my RT-AX8u Pro, it's running very stable, speed is really fast.
But it's been a while that it's using the same firmware : 3.0.0.6.102_33308-gfb75e0b_344-g69f33
No new firmware means that it's a really stable firmware. So it's good.
But what about security ? I remember my old and also beloved Netgear 7800 had many firmwares to upload, fixing stuffs and fixing security issues.

Thanx for your answers :)

If there is a security issue/patch that ASUS wants you to have sooner than later, they would likely issue it. Otherwise, their release of new firmware like AiMesh of recent past and now ASUSWRT 5.0 simply depends on when they manage to get it built and debugged enough for customer use/testing.

OE

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!