What's new

Nord Open VPN client connected but not secure?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dougj

Occasional Visitor
I recently updated my f/w on my main router (ASUS RT-AX88U) and AiMesh node (ASUS RT-AX68U) to the latest ASUSwrt-merlin version (3004.388.8_2). Once complete all my previous information was intact except for my Canada and US Open VPN clients (Nord). These two clients were originally build on default ASUSwrt f/w using the VPN Fusion tab of the VPN menu item.

As a result I have attempted to rebuild the tunnels using the VPN Director tab of the merlin VPN menu item. I was able to input the vpn credentials and upload the ovpn file successfully. At first it would connect but with no internet traffic. As a result and some searching I set VPN Client>Network settings>Accept DNS configuration to Strict as all my devices should for now use the same tunnel. I also changed VPN Client>Network Settings>Accept DNS configuration to "VPN Director"

The connection status now shows "Connected (Local: 10.100.0.2 - Public: 86.48.15.224) Refresh". However when I check What's my IP address it still shows I am not secure. Some information from the vpn suppliers forum suggested changing my DNS to those of the provider. I tested that and still it brings me to the same state. I am obviously missing something.

Any suggestions?
TIA
Dug

I recently updated my f/w on my main router (ASUS RT-AX88U) and AiMesh node (ASUS RT-AX68U) to the latest ASUSwrt-merlin version (3004.388.8_2). Once complete all my previous information was intact except for my Canada and US Open VPN clients (Nord). These two clients were originally build on default ASUSwrt f/w using the VPN Fusion tab of the VPN menu item.

As a result I have attempted to rebuild the tunnels using the VPN Director tab of the merlin VPN menu item. I was able to input the vpn credentials and upload the ovpn file successfully. At first it would connect but with no internet traffic. As a result and some searching I set VPN Client>Network settings>Accept DNS configuration to Strict as all my devices should for now use the same tunnel. I also changed VPN Client>Network Settings>Accept DNS configuration to "VPN Director"

The connection status now shows "Connected (Local: 10.100.0.2 - Public: 86.48.15.224) Refresh". However when I check What's my IP address it still shows I am not secure. Some information from the vpn suppliers forum suggested changing my DNS to those of the provider. I tested that and still it brings me to the same state. I am obviously missing something.

Any suggestions?
TIA
Dug
I had nor rule created. Problem solved. Thx