What's new

Not sure if this is right place: advice getting TV working with smartphone over Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tj_El

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

As per the heading, I'm not certain if this is the right forum for this so if not please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

My issue is this: I have a Sony TV (KDL-26EX553) connected to my wifi. I'm trying to get my Sony smartphone to connect to the TV using the Media Remote app over the wifi but it just won't register the device on the phone.

While perusing the threads on this site (I must say I am really impressed with the amount of knowledge being freely shared here, this being my second post...), I think I may have seen a thread where one of the respondents mentioned a reason for such connection failures...but I can't recall where I saw this nor am I fluent enough in such matters to be able to narrow the search down using key words.

So here I am seeking your assistance. A thousand apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

Kind regards,

Tee

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!