What's new

Official Asus RT-AC3100 Firmware. 3.0.0.4.380.2345

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well I have used both this firmware .2345, and the new .2697 beta. From using them, Traffic Analyzer/Traffic Monitor doesn't work correctly, and Also under Adaptive QoS, Bandwidth Monitor doesn't work properly as well. It's very likely it's one in the same causing all three of them not to work properly. I know on some of the older build's at least the Adaptive QoS Bandwidth Monitor worked properly showing how much data was being actively used. Right now I'm using probably at least 5-8mbps of download, and it only showing between .01-.03 on average.

So I just want to mention this stuff as currently being broken, and most likely Asus is aware already. Just as they are with Traditional QoS being broken on this router, as I also reported that to them a time, or two already. I really like Asus router's but currently there are more then a couple broken features on the AC3100, right now.

Try deleting your current Trend Micro signature and existing database, then reboot.

Code:
rm /jffs/signature/rule.trf /jffs/traffic.db

Try deleting your current Trend Micro signature and existing database, then reboot.

Code:
rm /jffs/signature/rule.trf /jffs/traffic.db
Well I did the traffic command, but the signature one saying "No such file or directory".

Edit: I rebooted the router after doing the database command you posted above, and i started up a twitch stream after, and the bandwidth monitor doesn't actively pick up the 5-8mbps of bandwidth being used. Currently the three things I listed above aren't working properly. Traffic monitor for daily shows the same amount of bandwidth being used for both upstream, and downstream which isn't correct. I just thought I would mention it, as I don't know if Asus somehow broke the coding somewhere in these last couple build's.

Last edited:
The question becomes wether the qos is still actually working and just the monitors are messed up?

Last edited:
I am using the AC-3100 running the .2697 beta. The bandwidth monitor and traffic analyzer are both working fine for me.

Well I did the traffic command, but the signature one saying "No such file or directory".

Edit: I rebooted the router after doing the database command you posted above, and i started up a twitch stream after, and the bandwidth monitor doesn't actively pick up the 5-8mbps of bandwidth being used. Currently the three things I listed above aren't working properly. Traffic monitor for daily shows the same amount of bandwidth being used for both upstream, and downstream which isn't correct. I just thought I would mention it, as I don't know if Asus somehow broke the coding somewhere in these last couple build's.

The Downstream/Upstream traffic showing bogus values on the daily Traffic Monitor page is a known issue, they're looking into it.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!