What's new

OpenVPN - Local Access on a DDNS to forwarded ports.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NotQuiteAKing

New Around Here
Hi,

I've setup OpenVPN and DDNS to access some ports over the internet and locally, through the forwarded VPN addresses ports.

I managed to get access when connecting remotely through the internet, but when I'm trying to access this locally through the DDNS or WAN's IP addresses I receive time out errors. To note accessing the local addresses - VPN or not - works fine, also switching the forwarded ports to the non-vpn address also works fine... Checking the system logs, doesn't seem to reveal anything...

I tired some of the solutions a look through the these posts:

But had no luck. Weirdly, I've done this before with few issues (though with a hosted domain instead of DDNS), I'm not sure if I've missed something obvious... :/

My router's an EA6900, AsusMerlin 386.10.

1722768078386.png

1722768041461.png

Many thanks for any help!

Hi,

I've setup OpenVPN and DDNS to access some ports over the internet and locally, through the forwarded VPN addresses ports.

I managed to get access when connecting remotely through the internet, but when I'm trying to access this locally through the DDNS or WAN's IP addresses I receive time out errors. To note accessing the local addresses - VPN or not - works fine, also switching the forwarded ports to the non-vpn address also works fine... Checking the system logs, doesn't seem to reveal anything...

I tired some of the solutions a look through the these posts:

But had no luck. Weirdly, I've done this before with few issues (though with a hosted domain instead of DDNS), I'm not sure if I've missed something obvious... :/

View attachment 60732

View attachment 60731

Many thanks for any help!
Sorry but your router is not supported by RMerlin.