What's new

Opinions on Acer Predator Connect T7 as a WiFi 7 router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iluvsnowlc

New Around Here
I'm currently looking for a WiFi 7 router for a 1GB internet connection for a small 1 bed flat as I already have 2 WiFi 7 Laptops and a OnePlus 12 which supports it. With a bunch of other WiFi networks in my building, I think WiFi 7 seems like a good option. I also do require 2 ethernet ports (For a PS5 and Desktop).

While looking I've noticed the Acer Predator Connect T7 which costs £200 on Amazon (Amazon UK). The specs on Acer's product page (T7 product support) in the User manual do indicate some really good specs at this price point such as 4x4 MIMO on 5GHz and 2x2 on 2.4Ghz and 6GHz where other WiFi 7 routers at this price point such as the TP link BE550 (Which costs £300) only have 2x2 on all bands. The only downside I could see atleast for me is the lack of 2.5GBe ports (Just 1 2.5GBe Wan and 2 1GBe Lan).

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts if this is a good WiFi 7 router to get or if anyone already has one as I can't seem to find any reviews online about it.

Other notable specs are:
CPU: Qualcomm IPQ5322 + QCN6274
RAM: 1GB
Storage: 512MB

What brand/model is your current router?

I wouldn't even bother replacing something AX-class for 2 laptops. Don't even count the phone, it has nothing to do with Gigabit speed. Unless you do very large transfers over Wi-Fi and the laptops really need high speed your Internet experience £200 or more later will be exactly the same.

Acer is not a big name in wireless routers.

I would steer clear of Acer routers, the reviews of their WiFi 6 products are not great and the consumer feedback I've seen is not great either.
The fact that Acer doesn't even have a firmware download page for their routers is a huge red light for me.
On top of that, different Acer sites seems to suggest different specs, so it's unclear what's on offer.

Last edited:
And don't expect to use 6Ghz in the uk, it's disabled here because ofcom are dragging their heals. There is mention of some band sharing deal with the mobile networks competing for the 6Ghz band but don't hold your breath, 2026 at the earliest, if it happens at all.
Waste of money going 802.11be right now.

Last edited:
And don't expect to use 6Ghz in the uk, it's disabled here because ofcom are dragging their heals. There is mention of some band sharing deal with the mobile networks competing for the 6Ghz band but don't hold your breath, 2026 at the earliest, if it happens at all.
Waste of money going 802.11be right now.
Hi

What do you mean the UK can’t use the 6GHZ I have a ASUS router and it all the time..

If you're going to buy a new router buy wif6e rather than wifi7. Some lower channels are available under 6e, but the main part of the 6Ghz band that constitutes the main reason for a wifi7 upgrade won't exist for a couple of years, if at all.
If you're using a router that goes into the higher 6Ghz band then you're breaking the law, in a "What region was this imported from, sir?" way.