What's new

Pc connected with cable in Aimesh with gt-ax6000 as node, lose connection after a while (hours).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yop

Occasional Visitor
Hello.

I have a problema that I have no idea of how to resolve it. My networks is an Aimesh of three nodes and a couple of switchs.

asus ax11000 pro as main node -> 1st unmanagend switch -> 2nd unmanaged switch -> asus gt ax600 -> devices, 4 ethernet devices (one of them is my main pc) and 2 Wireless devices. All aimesh nodes are connected by cable.

I have another gt ax 6000 connected to 1st unmanaged switch but I dont have any problema with it.

My issue es for whatever reason, my main pc, which is connected by cable to asus gt ax600 lose its ethernet connection, normally when returning from suspend or hibernation. The pc has link with the node (2500mbits) but no ip nor connectivity. I tried to disable ipv6, ipconfig renew all, disable controllers, restart networks services, change energy profiles, using a static ip, reboot the pc, with no luck. The only think it seems to resolve the problem is to reboot the asus ax6000. I don't need to reboot all Aimesh system, only with the asus is enough.

Any help?

Thank you

What NIC card are you using ?. Curious if its I226-V based, which is known to present weird symptoms such as this.

I am using the integrated card of my motherboard. The mother board is a msi tomahawk x570s and the NIC is a Realtek® 8125B 2.5Gbps LAN Controller.

I226-V based is intel, is not?

I226-V based is intel, is not?
Yes. Intel® Ethernet Controller I226-V
As previously indicated certain Intel wireless adapters with older drivers have trouble with certain Asus routers (GT-BE19000, GT-BE25000, GT-BE96, GT-BE98, GT-BE98 Pro, RT-BE3600, RT-BE58U, RT-BE7200, RT-BE86U, RT-BE88U, RT-BE92U, RT-BE96U, TUF 6500, TUF Gaming 3600, TUF-6500, TUF-BE3600, TUF-BE6500 and possibly others).
[Wireless Router] Troubleshooting - Intel Wireless Adapter Issues with Old Driver Versions When Connecting to an ASUS Router

The troubleshooting steps for affected Intel Wireless adapters is to reset the network stack on the affected device, then update the wireless adapter's drivers using Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Drivers for Windows 10 and Windows 11 drivers.

Ok, thank you. Mine is a RTL8125 from realtek so is not Intel.

Just to clarify, my issues are with my NIC which is wired connected. When my pc is not able to connect or lose its connectivity, other devices has not any issues, even wireless ones, with that node

I am not be ablo to understan why I have issues with only one pc (the others connected wired and wireless not) and the only solutions to work is rebooting the node.

The troubleshooting steps for affected Intel Wireless adapters is to reset the network stack on the affected device, then update the wireless adapter's drivers using Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Drivers for Windows 10 and Windows 11 drivers.
I have already try all of that solutions with my ethernet device, but none of then worked

In Power Management settings under windows, if there is an option to allow the network adapter to power down, set that to NEVER.
There may also be similar accessible from the driver config pages for the adapter.

There may also be similar accessible from the driver config pages for the adapter.
To go along with this, on the Realtek driver link page posted above several of the Windows drivers say "Not Support Power Saving". One may need to choose and install a different Realtek driver if using the non support power saving driver.

I think I've installed those drivers before but I do not remember which ones, so yesterday installed "Win10/Win11 Auto Installation Program (NDIS)" but It did not work. Today make a pause to eat and when I come back to work I do not have ethernet working again.

Now I've installed the "Win10/Win11 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) - Not Support Power Saving" drivers and reboot the pc. Even changing drivers and rebooting the pc, I have to reboot the node to get internet working again.

I've disable all power settings in configuration.

I guess until tomorrow I won't be able to check if those drivers are working.

if you have a spare switch, put it in between the ASUS and your PC.
Make sure it is not a "green" switch or it is turned off.

I've tried with two drivers this weekend (with and withtout power saving) and they did not work.

if you have a spare switch, put it in between the ASUS and your PC.
That seems to work, I've got network in all my tests.

I would like to avoid that intermediate switch, so now I am playing with the node. I configured it as an Access Point instead instead of aimesh node, remove the switch and it seems to work too

Maybe an dhcp propagation issue between my NIC and the node?

I don't understand the point of using aimesh when connecting via cable. Putting aside its buggy nature, especially between dual-band and tri-band models, aimesh uses the same channel to facilitate wireless connections between nodes and the router (which you don't use since they are connected by cable), which is not ideal for minimising interference.

Do you mind trying AP mode, not only you have much better access to settings so you can fine adjust, you also have logs to help you diagnose any issue. It's the same thing as aimesh when you use the same wireless settings between APs and your router.

I have a lot of IOT devices whose are in mixed wifi zones and aimesh allows to choose which node by each device while maintaining same wifi network name and same credentials.

When I tried to set different ssids by node, my phone and my laptop did not always change wifi when I move around the house. I guess I would need to configure roaming assistants and things like that, but I was easy for me to use aimesh. Moreover, my lost connection issue, started to happen later, I could use aimesh with no issues some time before

By now, I set up all nodes as AP.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!