What's new

PC unable to "see" DIR-655 usb Device Server via Shareport utility

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guvee

New Around Here
Hi there! I just joined today, thank you for having me :)

My problem is that I am trying to connect a 2gb flash drive to the USB port on my new DIR-655 wireless N router. When I launch the SharePort utility, I can only get an error message, "No device servers were found on the network".:confused:

My connecting PC is a Toshiba laptop A100-SK9
The DIR-655 firmware is up to date when I bought it (v1.21)
The USB flash drive is a 2GB Sandisk Cruzer

I am connecting wirelessly to the router. My ultimate goal is to setup a Brother HL-1440 printer on the router. I think that printer can use a default windows HP driver...? I'll stumble around that issue once I can "see" the device server.

I heard rumblings that I needed to enable certain ports for the application to work, the manual says I may need to open TCP and UDP port 19540. Tried it, still Not Functioning Good...

I made the purchase after reviewing all the current available data on the http://www.smallnetbuilder.com website - and I am very happy with the download/upload speeds! Wired and wireless connections rock, and I haven't had to reset the thing once! I've finally kicked my "state of the art" Umax/Maxgate UGate 3000 right to the curb - LOL! :D And about time!

Thanks for any comments/suggestions you can provide!

I heard rumblings that I needed to enable certain ports for the application to work, the manual says I may need to open TCP and UDP port 19540. Tried it, still Not Functioning Good...
I don't see how opening router ports helps since you are on the LAN side of the router.

Make sure on the DIR-655 that Setup > USB Settings is set to Network USB.

Disable any software firewalls that you may have running.

Hi there! I just joined today, thank you for having me :)

My problem is that I am trying to connect a 2gb flash drive to the USB port on my new DIR-655 wireless N router. When I launch the SharePort utility, I can only get an error message, "No device servers were found on the network".:confused:

My connecting PC is a Toshiba laptop A100-SK9
The DIR-655 firmware is up to date when I bought it (v1.21)
The USB flash drive is a 2GB Sandisk Cruzer

I am connecting wirelessly to the router. My ultimate goal is to setup a Brother HL-1440 printer on the router. I think that printer can use a default windows HP driver...? I'll stumble around that issue once I can "see" the device server.

I made the purchase after reviewing all the current available data on the http://www.smallnetbuilder.com website - and I am very happy with the download/upload speeds! Wired and wireless connections rock, and I haven't had to reset the thing once! I've finally kicked my "state of the art" Umax/Maxgate UGate 3000 right to the curb - LOL! :D And about time!

Thanks for any comments/suggestions you can provide!

Try using firmware 1.22B05, 1.30NA or 1.31NA - (this one current) or higher for USB features. Picture shown shows you had to connect to a 4-port USB hub and attach HP all-one-printer, lasers, digital camera, Mp3 player and more to the back of your DIR-655.
http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/4465559/21344768/353940799.jpg

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online