What's new

Per ip rate limit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommyhaha

New Around Here
Hello buddies,

I got an AC68U router with Merlin system, do you know how can I rate limit per ip? I got roughly 100 user son site, all within 10.0.0.024 subnet

You can successfully service 100 simultaneous clients on an AC68U?? I had trouble with 30 (CPU overload) last time I checked about 6 mos ago.

You can successfully service 100 simultaneous clients on an AC68U?? I had trouble with 30 (CPU overload) last time I checked about 6 mos ago.
Actually Im just using the PPPoE/routing/VPN function in AC68U, but using Cisco WLC +AP as the wireless connection.

Ah ok, yes not using the wifi does take a load off the main cpu. I know these separate wifi chips are supposed to handle everything but feeding the drivers does put some strain on the main cpu.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• limiter.JPG
    limiter.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
100 users is too many for the cpu on an AC68, especially if you use advanced features like QoS. That said, you might be able to eek out something provided the desired bandwidth is low and a bit laggy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk