What's new

Performance bridge vs USB stick?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Likvid

New Around Here
I have a mediaplayer that i stream 1080p to from my Netgear WNDR3700 and NAS connected to switchport, however my current bridge WRT54G can't handle the stream so well and it stutters alot.

It's on average 20Mbps compressed stream for the files.

I have noted that it's very difficult to get hold of good bridges these days and i was looking at buying the Netgear WNHDE111, but they say it's discontinued in Europe.

What would the performance be if i used a USB stick Dlink DWA-140 in comparison with Linksys WET610 bridge?

Would i get better performance with the WET610? is there any better bridge coming out or available on the market right now?

I have a WNDR3700 as main router but i really don't want to buy another one just for this application.

Any recommendation would be helpful, i just need something that fulfills my demands of streaming to my mediaplayer without stutter all the time.

Depending on distance, building construction and wireless environment, you may find that nothing provides trouble-free HD streaming.

The performance advantage of a Bridge vs. USB adapter is mainly in the ability to position it for best signal. Ethernet provides a longer cable than USB.

Be prepared to experiment until you find something that works. Also consider the NETGEAR WNDA3100.

Thanks.

I went and bought the Dlink DWA-140 today and got huge performance jump, i can now stream 1080p with an average bitrate of 20-30Mbps to my mediaplayer.