What's new

Performance Upgrade to D-Link DGL-4300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dillius

New Around Here
Hello there everyone.

I've been using a D-Link DGL-4300 that has served me fairly well for a while, but am now looking for an upgrade (though I plan to keep the DGL-4300 as an access point).

My considerations are almost entirely on performance. I have a 22/5 cable connection which is used for a mix of gaming, media, P2P, and providing service to an SFTP and Web server (this machine obviously stays wired). I'm interested in getting the best use out of my bandwidth both wired and wireless.

I do a great deal of LAN traffic, so Gigabit ports are definitely desired. Aside from this requirement I care very little about features such as timers for wireless on/off, the ability to share devices via USB, wireless guest networks (WPA2 for life), etc...

This site has been a wonderful help, and I have spent some time reading and considering primarily the Netgear WNDR3700, the ESR9850, and the Cisco E3000.

I would appreciate any opinions on which of these I would see the best mixed Wired/Wireless performance, or just general comments as to other owner's satisfaction with these devices. Certainly not stuck on these three either; if anyone has a better recommendation I'm all ears!