What's new

port 1194 not opening/forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GTvert90

Regular Contributor
I have an openmediavault server that I'm running openvpn on.

I just set up the AC88U runing merlins latest beta on it. My ports forwarded correctly for plex and syncthing but for what ever reason it says the port is still closed for openvpn I'm using UDP had no issues on ac66u.

Any idea? I could set up open vpn through the router but on the AC66U when I did that it slowed my network down to a crawl.

I have an openmediavault server that I'm running openvpn on.

I just set up the AC88U runing merlins latest beta on it. My ports forwarded correctly for plex and syncthing but for what ever reason it says the port is still closed for openvpn I'm using UDP had no issues on ac66u.

Any idea? I could set up open vpn through the router but on the AC66U when I did that it slowed my network down to a crawl.

Make sure your port forward was set to UDP or BOTH.

Also note that most port testers will only test TCP - they won't test UDP.

Make sure your port forward was set to UDP or BOTH.

Also note that most port testers will only test TCP - they won't test UDP.
It was set up to UDP. I'll try setting it to both. Only thing I changed on the server side was changing the ddns address in the openvpn and re-downloading the cert.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It was set up to UDP. I'll try setting it to both. Only thing I changed on the server side was changing the ddns address in the openvpn and re-downloading the cert.

I tried setting the protocol to both and still nothing I'll try a different port for shirts and giggles tomorrow.