What's new

Port Forwarding for RT-AC87R ( Gaming Related )

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

Hey you pro's I have a few questions about port forwarding. Now with the ac87r I use it for my whole house hold about 17 devices are connected to it by wifi or hardwired. With that siad I have my gaming pc and my ps4 hardwired, ps4 is in the DMZ and also use QOS for the other devices. Well I want to take my ps4 out of the DMZ because I have been hearing that hackers can get into account and other things.

Now I went to portforwarding.com and started to forward ports, pretty simple,here the ports you need for battlefield 4.

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3478, 3479

Now when I tried to test to see if the ports are open with the portforwading,com tool, it shows that they are not?? I really do not know how to check to see if these ports are open or maybe portforwarding is not working with the ac87r??

My ps4 has its own staic ip
I am using QOS, ps4 is set to highest priority
Using the newest FW with ac87r, 3.0.0.4.378.5134

I hope maybe you guys can help me out or point me in the right direction to try to reslove this.

Thank you for your help guys.

You need also port UDP 3659 on your list, if that port is blocked you'll be disconnected after some minutes playing on a server.
Also that site doesn't work for me... it's a black page with just a black box there... I would use another site, like http://www.checkmyports.net/

Also instead of port forwarding and assigning a static IP to your PS4, why not put them on Port Triggering, so it'll open the port only when necessary to any IP on your LAN that could need it, plus it'll be more secure than letting the port open all the time.

In my case I have it like that for BF3 & BF4 on PC.

You need also port UDP 3659 on your list, if that port is blocked you'll be disconnected after some minutes playing on a server.
Also that site doesn't work for me... it's a black page with just a black box there... I would use another site, like http://www.checkmyports.net/

Also instead of port forwarding and assigning a static IP to your PS4, why not put them on Port Triggering, so it'll open the port only when necessary to any IP on your LAN that could need it, plus it'll be more secure than letting the port open all the time.

In my case I have it like that for BF3 & BF4 on PC.

Thanks will give it a try.

Let us know later if you could check all the ports you need as open, plus how the game worked with that config ;)

Replied through TapaTalk

Let us know later if you could check all the ports you need as open, plus how the game worked with that config ;)

Replied through TapaTalk

So I tried the port triggering and that new port, still shows that those ports are closed??? I didnt see in improve on my ps4, oh well I guess thats how it is??? I will still see if any of you pros have a solution for this.

Thanks.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!