What's new

Port Forwarding on VLAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Planters76

New Around Here
Hello all,
I’m not sure what the terminology is called but I’m curious if you can do port fowarding on vlan with a Asus RT-AX88U Pro?

I'm not aware that ASUS routers typically support VLANs. However, in general, you can port forwarding to *any* IP network accessible from the router, and NOT otherwise blocked by the firewall.

I'm not aware that ASUS routers typically support VLANs. However, in general, you can port forwarding to *any* IP network accessible from the router, and NOT otherwise blocked by the firewall.
The Pro series of routers have the new firmware branch (3.0.0.6.102) that includes VLAN support as well as many other differences.

@Planters76 ,

@ColinTaylor is right.

if you are asking whether an Asus PRO router can assign a ethernet (wired) LAN port to a VLAN (subnet), the answer is YES.

"Port forwarding" is a different subject.

if you connect a L1 dumb switch to a PRO router LAN port that has been assigned to a VLAN subnet, all devices connected to that switch will run on that subnet.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!