What's new

Port Forwarding Problem Report with RT-AC56R and Firmware 380.XX

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GhostFairy

New Around Here
Hello. I'm using RT-AC56R and I had some problems with my router, when I am trying to set the port forward rules.

First, when I push the 'Apply' button, router makes a port forward rule(I can see that at the log screen), but it doesn't 'apply' actually. Only way to apply the rules is rebooting the router. However, 'Access from WAN' option(this option, actually, is adding port forward rule that opening the port 8080 to gateway:80) is work correctly and immediately, when I push the 'Apply' button.

Second, even I applied the rules by rebooting the router, it stops the forward after the time. I don't know how long time it is, but I have to reboot my router everyday because just pushing 'Apply' button is not actually apply anything.

I tried to find the solution, and I found that 378.XX or older versions of firmware doesn't makes this problem. This only occurs when I use the 9.0.0.4.380.2695(3.0.0.4.380.2695?) or newer firmware / or 380.57_0 or newer firmware.

It seems ASUS's 380 firmware has some problem with RT-AC56R, so after merging it, Asuswrt-Merlin has same problem. Now I'm using RMerlin's 378.56_2 firmware, and it works correctly. 3.0.0.4_378_9529 also worked correctly.

I'm reporting this for people who has same problem with me. I hope this got fixed some time.