What's new

Print server for Windows 7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darkhelmet

Occasional Visitor
I was just about to drop some coinage on a Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II for our office, hoping I could find a decent print server to network the printer - it does not have a built-in NIC.

After reading several post I want to confirm no one has had success with any available print server in a Windows 7 64 bit environment.

I was just about to drop some coinage on a Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II for our office, hoping I could find a decent print server to network the printer - it does not have a built-in NIC.

After reading several post I want to confirm no one has had success with any available print server in a Windows 7 64 bit environment.

Just need the Canon 64-bit Windows 7 drivers. I have one Canon PM it doesn't have a NIC, but it connected to Dlink Print Server DP-301-U which I have several of these units. I use another on Lexmark business Laser but Lexmark doesn't have the drivers in 64-bit for Windows 7. I use Samsung 64-bit Windows 7 drivers because they're a clone version of the same laser. If you have USB printer all-in-one or not you can use Print Server. But you'll need 64-bit Window 7 drivers if your on 64-bit OS. Now I had recently purchased Lexmark Pro 205 All-in-one with AF, 3" Color LCD, Wi-Fi. That one doesn't have LAN jack is uses wireless only. But supports 64-bit Windows 7.

So all wired desktop, server, wireless netbook, laptop can see these devices.

Desktop and Server on 64-bit OS
Laptop 32-bit and 64-bit OS
Netbook 32-bit OS
All run Windows 7 HOP or Ultimate.