What's new

Printing problems after installing AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpuva

New Around Here
I installed an TrendNet TEW-638APB as an additional access point on my home network to alleviate a dead zone in my house. It is connected to my router -- the FIOS-provided Actiontec router -- via wired ethernet. The Actiontec router broadcasts one SSID and the Trendnet is set to a second SSID and I manage which access point each device connects to by changing the preferred network on each device.

Everything works great except for one problem with my network printer -- a Brother HL-2270DW which is connected to the network via wired ethernet. When I connect to the SSID of the Actiontec I can print to it flawlessly.

When I switch to the SSID of the Trendnet it will usually not print. The print driver window says "Looking for Printer". What has worked so far is that if I restart the printer, it will often find the printer. Other times (this seems weird to me but its true) if I let the print job sit for 20 or 30 minutes it mysteriously prints.

I have updated the firmware of the printer and the Trendnet router and neither had any impact. The clients that I am printing from are Mac OSX 10.6.8.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!