What's new

PROBLEM, DNS Director AdGuard + VPN Wireguard

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atorcha

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I have an AX88U-Pro and I would like to have the following configuration.

I want to activate the Wireguard VPN server for certain devices (iphones, macs, PCs, etc.) And I also want to have ADGUARD Family secure DNS for all devices except two.

I am configuring DNS in WAN tab

1719086790843.png

1719086874035.png

Then I add the exception in the VPN Director tab

But All browsing goes through the first DNS (adguard) I cannot redirect to another DNS server

Last edited:
If I use wireguard the rule of DNS Director doesn’t work,

This is my settings:

1719128939879.png

1719129008128.png

1719129061303.png

1719129128888.png

1719129164546.png

Last edited:
Add information: With Instant guard, DNS Director works good, the problem is with Wireguard. But Instant guard for PC or iMac doesnt exist, only devices

If I use wireguard the rule of DNS Director doesn’t work,
Last time I checked DNSDirector was only for lan devices. As it's based on mac-addresses it wouldnt work for wireguard.

Doesn't it work to change DNS in Wireguard client app?

Last time I checked DNSDirector was only for lan devices. As it's based on mac-addresses it wouldnt work for wireguard.

Doesn't it work to change DNS in Wireguard client app?i

I config in client wireguard my ip router and it doesn’t work.

I config in client wireguard my ip router and it doesn’t work.
Dnsdirector re-directs dns requests coming from your lan. Requests from wg server clients will not be. Pointing your wg server client to your router will only mean it will come into your router dns forwarder. Which means probably wan dns service. If that is not correct what dns service do you get?

If you want wg server clients to use I.e Adguard dns you use the wg app on that client and change dns to I.e 94.140.14.14 or whatever dns service you would like. There is no way that I know of to do this on the router gui.

Last edited: