What's new

Problem with 5Ghz download speed with Asus RT-5300 and PCEAC68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ryu1356

New Around Here
I moved into a new house and having issues getting the full download speed. This house is newer vs my old house and in the old house I was sitting much farther from the router but still getting Wifi 5gz 700-800 down/up on ATT Fiber. My setup in the new house is mind boggling to me because for one the house is 20 years newer than the last one and the router is sitting in the next room. For some reason I am only able to get 400-500 down. I was going to try a range extender and a powerline adapter but the thing is, I have full signal so it makes no sense to me why the speed is slower. If I plugin directly to the router I get 800 so I know the problem is not there. The problem is with the Wifi even though my wifi is capable of handling that speed.

Interference maybe? Check if anyone in the area on same channel as you.

Since you said you moved, try to reseat the wireless card and make sure the antenna is properly connected.
check the channel as sinner suggested.
I will also check the channel bandwidth used, try change it to say 80 instead of 20/40/80, can sometimes help

Last edited: