What's new

Problem with NTP and latest release RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

markbng

New Around Here
Hi,

Let me first explain my home setup. I am using 2 routers. 1 is from my ISP (Huawei HG659) and the other one is connected to this ISP router and is used for VPN. So if I want to view movies online I connect to my Asus router. I worked with this setup for a few years now. I have updated to the latest release (RT-AC5300_386.14_0.zip) and that was a GREAT misltake. VPN stopped working. It's not my VPN credentials, but I discovered that there is no internet connection and that's why my NTP is telling it's the first of januari. I also noticed that AsusWRT can not check if this is the last version, since there is no internet connection. That is strange, because I can go onto the internet if I connect to this router. This message has been send via the Asus router.
But I really don't care what version is on my device, so I flashed with RT-AC5300_386.3_2, but now I can't login anymore. I don't need the last version at all. It can be a version from the stone age. I don't care. It just has to work again.
So 2 questions:
* How can I login again?
* How do I solve this NTP problem (so also the VPN problem since the handshakes require the right time)? Just install an older version?

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Mark

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!