What's new

Problems after upgrading to latest firmware WRT610N

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wayneb64

New Around Here
I recently upgraded my router WRT610N to the latest firmware 2.00.01 and thought everything was fine until I tried to access the internet from devices connected to my WET610N, which I also just updated to latest firmware 1.0.04 to see if it would resolve the issue.

The net problem is that two devices, an XP PC and a Vista PC cannot ping my router at (192.168.1.1) even though I can VNC between all three boxes and share file systems. My PS3, also on the same switch which is hooked to the WET610 is working fine as well. My Win 7 laptop and Smartphone can get to the external internet just fine on wireless as well as the PC and laptop that are directly connected to the router.

Everything was working fine before I upgraded my routers firmware, and both router and bridge have been reset back to factory and setup from scratch. What am I missing?

So what you are trying to find out is why the 610N (v1 or v2?) does not respond when you tried pinging the device? Do I understand your question correctly here? Also, have you tried to ping the router devices other than PC and I assume you attempted to ping the router through both wire and wireless connection?

If you confirm all of the above I will look into replicating this issue and if I can duplicate it too, I will forward the issue to the field application engineer who is responsible for this this particular SKU.

On the other hand, if I cannot replicate this with my hardware, then it may be a corner case that has to do with the unit itself. I guess we'll see....

By the way, have you ever convert the device to open-source firmware and back to Cisco-Linksys one before? I ask only because in case if the boot-code has anything to do with it although unlikely the case. But if you, kindly check and make sure that your MAC address for all three interface is still normal instead of what appears to be factory generic.

The WRT610N is V2. I can ping it via wireless from my Win 7 laptop. The XP and Vista box are only hard wired through a switch or two to the WET610N which everyone can ping. All PCs can ping each other. XP and Vista can't ping router which is there gateway.

Only firmware from Cisco has been applied to both router and bridge. I have not messed with the MAC addresses and with ipconfig they look normal I guess.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!