What's new

PS5 Wired Connection Shows as Wi-Fi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ali232

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I used to connect my PS5 via Wi-Fi, but I’ve now switched to a wired LAN connection and have removed the Wi-Fi network from the PS5.
Despite this, the router still shows the 5G Wi-Fi connection after several days and multiple reboots.
img.png

What could be causing this?

Client Status module has always been buggy (and probably will always be)
Its has to do with Asus code, not Merlin's FW related.

Don't give it too much importance (its annoying though...)

I used to connect my PS5 via Wi-Fi, but I’ve now switched to a wired LAN connection and have removed the Wi-Fi network from the PS5.
Despite this, the router still shows the 5G Wi-Fi connection after several days and multiple reboots.
If you are assigning manual IP reservations via the router GUI LAN > DHCP Server page, check that page for an entry for the PS5's WiFi adapter MAC address. If there is one there remove it. Then reboot the router. Otherwise like already indicated above, just ignore it due to it being a possible bug that is likely confined to the upstream GPL code provided to RMerlin.