What's new

[Purchase advice] Access point for Asus Rog Rapture GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OldPantsOnFire

New Around Here
My current Asus covers most of the apartment very well, except one room.
I've pulled an ethernet cable to the problematic room, and now wondering what access point to get.

Requirements:

• The room is pretty small - 9 sq.m. (100 sq. feet)
  • There's one desktop connected over WiFi it's pretty far from the RJ45 (I know, I know), plus it has to support a few phones.
  • I'm connected to the world using 1Gbps link - but it's far from being the only device at home, as long as the AP can do, say, 300 Mbps it's gonna be fine.
  • WiFi6 is a nice-to-have, but I can think of no extra requirements - just stable connection and the less hassle the better.

What do you think about ASUS ZenWiFi XD4 Plus?

Access point vs AiMesh node? But my more important question is are you buying a 1-pack or 3-pack? Because at first glance I thought you might as well get an ET9, but further research I saw they typically sell the XD4 Plus in a set of 3...

Access point vs AiMesh node? But my more important question is are you buying a 1-pack or 3-pack? Because at first glance I thought you might as well get an ET9, but further research I saw they typically sell the XD4 Plus in a set of 3...
I was thinking about buying a single node. They sell XD4 Plus in 1/2/3 nodes configurations.
In fact, I'm not really sure what AiMesh gives me compared to a regular access point - I assumed it would let me manage it from the same UI...