What's new

Purchase question between Eero and Luma Mesh system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cosrocket

Regular Contributor
I am interested in buying my parents either the Eero or Luma 3 pack wireless mesh network system. In looking at the specs of both I noticed that the Eero says it uses a dual core processor and the Luma says it uses a quad core processor. So does this mean that the Luma is a more powerful system and would have a better chance of having superior performance?

Also, can you use the USB port on either to connect an external hard drive? Thanks.

Processor power is only one factor in determining wireless performance. Can't know until the product is tested.

Neither product supports USB storage sharing.

Just want to point out that Luma supports 802.11k but not r or v at the moment (which are needed for true proper handoff and wireless roaming. Luma also stated the following "the devices based to the .11s and open mesh networking protocols which handles seamless roaming between wireless nodes."

Here is an apple document that talks about these protocols: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202628

Eero has told me that currently only support 802.11r but plan on supporting k at some time according to support.

I haven't received my Luma's yet so cant comment on them yet.

Dixit

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!