What's new

QoS Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

steve7929

Occasional Visitor
I have a Asus rt-n66u and I was wondering if somebody can help me with the rules that I can use for QoS on this router for the following setup. I get about 30 Mbps down and 4-5 Mbps Up speeds from my ISP.

1. I work from home and so connectivity on my work laptop needs to be good for email, web streaming sessions ( using adobe connect, webex etc ) .
( HIGHEST PRIORITY - WIRED )

2. I have a Ooma voip phone that I use as work phone and so need to have it working without any audio loss on either side as I am also on the phone for most part of the day. ( HIGHEST PRIORITY - WIRED )

3. I have a desktop that I use to download large files directly using browser and FTP. ( HIGH - WIRED )

4. I have 4-5 mobile devices in the house that my kids use for streaming videos mostly youtube most of them at the same time ( HIGH - WIRELESS )

5. We also stream videos from desktop to tv using DLNA. (HIGH - WIRELESS)

Any/All responses will be greatly appreciated :)

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!