What's new

QoS(rule)Engine IS WORSE THAN IN THE OTHER ROUTER?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mucah

New Around Here
Hello everybody.
I bought a DIR-685 and I can not believe that there are not rules for QoS

I took a screenshot to compare functionality that is in several routers like a QoS rules.

As soon, how a router "advanced" as the dir-685 has no such rules for QoS and the last versions have?

qosrules.jpg

If anyone knows whether or where to find, or if the new firmware is, please tell me ....

Or say anything about concerns what could help me.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• qos rules.jpg
    qos rules.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 511
What is the hardware and firmware version you're using?

1.1 and the lag elimited is cheked so the qos is on....

But without rules... What i can do ?

Nothing. The DIR-685 does not use the Ubicom chipset that provides the advanced QoS features in other D-Link routers.

Nothing. The DIR-685 does not use the Ubicom chipset that provides the advanced QoS features in other D-Link routers.

Thank you a lot my friend.
I know that dir-685 is great faster than, but now I'm going to buy wndr3700.

It's a good choice ?

Buying a router with speed much higher than your Internet connection isn't necessary.

The WNDR3700 is a very popular router. It has manual QoS rules you can set. NOTE that QoS applies to uplink traffic (from LAN to Internet) only.

If you want a router that does QoS and bandwidth control for both up and downlink, then look at Drayteks.

Buying a router with speed much higher than your Internet connection isn't necessary.

The WNDR3700 is a very popular router. It has manual QoS rules you can set. NOTE that QoS applies to uplink traffic (from LAN to Internet) only.

If you want a router that does QoS and bandwidth control for both up and downlink, then look at Drayteks.

Nice, so the Kbps of downloads will not controled with wndr3700 right ?
Even if I set the priority to low of specific mac addres, right?

Nice, so the Kbps of downloads will not controled with wndr3700 right ?
Even if I set the priority to low of specific mac addres, right?
Correct. Most routers with QoS (all the D-Links included) have QoS only for uplink.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!