What's new

QOS User defined priorities

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

So I have my 130/40mbit set to 100/50 limit in QOS

and in user defined priorities

AqJ5dmd.jpg

Lowest setting which enough for steaming videos considering i could stream 1080p off a dsl 2.5mbit/750kbs connection just fine.

Now is there any chance clients set to lowest would windup with not internet??? Cause this person keep claiming there KODI stream stops working. and according to router said clients are connect to it and transmitting fine. I honestly just want to block kodi but that not possible. not everything on kodi is legal and ips can be traced unlike satellite tv signals which are one transmissions

as far I can tell when there other higher priority clients using the network the lowest clients are throttled back.

In theory if the link becomes over-saturated, the connections in the lowest priority tier could be starved. But you would have to stream a lot of HD for that to happen.

Whats with the other person? Tell them to knock off their illegal activities or you will cut them off.

they wont listen, and if I do some how manage to access to the laptop they will just bring it to the person that told her about that. which why if i could i would just block kodi from the router end which isnt really possible

I more inclinded to believe there system is riddle with malware god knows what else cause they have no common sense and click things with out thinking, that is cause there issue or maybe the physical abuse they inflict on the devices

Last edited: