What's new

Question - Any RT-AC87U Fork?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Is there any Merlin's Fork for RT-AC87U? I left it with the last release from Merlin.

Thanks,

I don't believe there is.

If @john9527 isn't supporting it (afaik, he's not), I do not think any other reliable source is either.

I don't believe there is.

If @john9527 isn't supporting it (afaik, he's not), I do not think any other reliable source is either.
No, John is not including it... think I'm going to leave it with the one it has unless I find any other useful firm

Stock firmware will be slightly more up to date, however it will still be missing various security fixes. Even Quantenna EOL'ed the 5 GHz SoC years ago, so 5 GHz will be missing any of the wifi-related security fixes from the past few years.

Stock firmware will be slightly more up to date, however it will still be missing various security fixes. Even Quantenna EOL'ed the 5 GHz SoC years ago, so 5 GHz will be missing any of the wifi-related security fixes from the past few years.
5Ghz is disabled for the moment where it is. 99% of connected devices are far from the router or 2.4Ghz only

Thanks!