What's new

Questions about my Asus AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RedBatman89

Regular Contributor
Okay so I have just started using this router today but I have some questions.

Q1. People keep talking about the Merlin firmware for this router, should I use that.

Q2. The antenna's should I switch them out or just try to move my router higher.

Q3. Kinda concerns me but my laptop and my Roku 3 kept the same IP address that they had on my old router, should I worry about that?

HTH, answers below.

Okay so I have just started using this router today but I have some questions.

Q1. People keep talking about the Merlin firmware for this router, should I use that.
Depends on your usage, lots of people have no issues with stock. Merlin's firmware does kill some bugs and add a few features that advanced users enjoy.

Q2. The antenna's should I switch them out or just try to move my router higher.
I've tried different antennas for mine, stock seem to be just as good. Playing with 360 degree orientation to find the best spot is good too. Higher the better usually, although most don't recommend mounting right on the wall.

Q3. Kinda concerns me but my laptop and my Roku 3 kept the same IP address that they had on my old router, should I worry about that?
I don't think so but will let someone else address this one.