What's new

Questions on Trendnet G Router - TEW 452BRP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mediaman

Regular Contributor
Questions on Trendnet G Router - TEW 452BRP - (used as an access point)

1) FIRMWARE - I see how to upgrade firmware, and have done so, but where can you tell what the current firmware version the router is using?

2) MANUAL TIME .The router doesnt seem to hold the time after a reboot. After manaully setting and apply it, I see the updated time, but after a reboot it reverts back to Apr 1, 2002 3:01 am. . Is this becuase DHCP is off?

3) AUTOMATIC TIME - I tried to set time using the "default NTP Server" field. I put in "server 0.ca.pool.ntp.org" , based on a google search, but it doesnt work, even if I turn on SMTP (as the manual suggests).

4) AP MODE - What is the significance of AP Mode (Enabled vs Disabled). There is nothing in the manual. The only thing I found so far is that when Enabled, the time options are totally greyed out.

Questions on Trendnet G Router - TEW 452BRP - (used as an access point)

1) FIRMWARE - I see how to upgrade firmware, and have done so, but where can you tell what the current firmware version the router is using?
Status > Device Information, Right up at the top.

2) MANUAL TIME .The router doesnt seem to hold the time after a reboot. After manaully setting and apply it, I see the updated time, but after a reboot it reverts back to Apr 1, 2002 3:01 am. . Is this becuase DHCP is off?

3) AUTOMATIC TIME - I tried to set time using the "default NTP Server" field. I put in "server 0.ca.pool.ntp.org" , based on a google search, but it doesnt work, even if I turn on SMTP (as the manual suggests).
These functions are not working because you don't have the WAN port connected and are not using the routing features.

4) AP MODE - What is the significance of AP Mode (Enabled vs Disabled). There is nothing in the manual. The only thing I found so far is that when Enabled, the time options are totally greyed out.
I believe this function is intended to do with the flip of a bit, what you have done manually, i.e. change operation from router to AP. Since you have the product manually converted to an AP, leave this setting alone.

Bridge mode AP Wireless Access Point. So if you had two of these wireless router you could use one as WAP and one as WRT.

Bridge mode AP Wireless Access Point. So if you had two of these wireless router you could use one as WAP and one as WRT.
You don't mean wireless bridge as in WDS, do you?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!