What's new

Questions Regarding acme.sh Cron Job Setup and Directory Linking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XIYO

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I am using acme.sh to issue certificates, and I’m currently renewing them manually every 3 months. 😂

I have a few questions regarding some issues:

1. I understand that acme.sh has a feature to automatically register a cron job after issuing a certificate. However, the cron job seems to disappear after a system reboot, so I have to recreate it each time. Could you advise on the best location to register the cron job so it persists after reboot? (/jffs/scripts or /jffs/config seem like possible options, but I’m not entirely sure where it should be placed.)

2. When acme.sh generates a certificate, it stores information in the /root/.acme.sh directory by default. As a beginner, I prefer not to change the default paths too much and rely mostly on symbolic links to keep things organized. (It takes me a while to find things again if I change paths! 🤣) Currently, /root is linked to /tmp/home/root, and /home is linked to /tmp/home. Given this structure, I’m concerned that linking the home directory to my storage via a symbolic link could cause issues. I noticed in the .ash_history file that only specific files were linked symbolically. Should I follow this approach and link only my .acme.sh directory to /mnt/myStorage/home/.acme.sh?