What's new

Quick Network/Guest question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wyliec2

Occasional Visitor
I'm running up against the 32 device limit per radio (2.4 GHz) on my AX88U Pro - this is primarily due to smart home devices (minimal bandwidth switches, etc).

My question is do the guest and regular 2.4 GHz share a total of 32 devices or can the guest and regular networks each have their own limit??

For background, my 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are separate. When I look at Network Map and look at wireless 2.4 GHz clients I usually see 33 or 34 devices (a question in itself). Sometimes when I try to connect to the 2.4 GHz with my phone (normally on 5 GHz) I'll get an error "cannot connect to 2.4 network). Other times I can connect, even though the count is already at 33.

TIA for any info.

FWIW - I had an AC88U router with AC3100 wired AP (another separate 2.4 GHz network) that worked flawlessly for 5 years - literally the last Merlin firmware update I'd done was September 2019... In any case, I replaced the AC88U with AX88U Pro, replaced some problematic Wemo (Belkin) dimmer switches and tried to better organize which 2.4 GHz network the smart devices were connecting to....and chasing some headaches since....

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!