What's new

R7000 & AdvancedTomato: an issue with media server & my smart tv

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SunrisePro

Regular Contributor
Just installed Advanced Tomato yesterday morning and almost everything has been running smoothly. The one issue: my Samsung smart tv (connected via ethernet) loses connection to the media server (ie files on the usb storage device connected to the R7000) every so often. I haven't been able to watch more than 1h of a movie at a time due to this issue. I have to restart the tv to regain access to the media server.

When the problem happens, the tv does *not* lose connectivity to the internet - watched Hulu & Netflix easily for a couple of hours last night. And the computers on the network do not seem to lose connectivity to the attached storage at all - but they're not using the media server.

I'm wondering if there are any settings that would affect this - set a port? change db location from ram? strictly adhere to dlna standards?

Still having this issue - it's *only* related to the media server. With previous routers, any lost connection to the media server included a complete loss of connection to the router.

Also noticed that the hd light on the router is no longer on, even though the drive is connected & accessible.