What's new

R7800 - voxel 065SF - OpenVPN Problem W10 not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Experien

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I have been checking the forum for a long time, and last year I bought a NETGEAR R7800, so far so good :) I installed Voxel Firmware and it has been working like a charm.

This week I have been passing it at my parents in law and I decided to enter my home network through a open vpn connection, I have two devices here an android one and one laptop with w10 x64.

So I create a noip account and tested it in some port forwards apps. It worked.
Then I proceed to configure the VPN on router gui, all default and home network option selected.

I downloaded android conf and windows one, and installed the clients on both devices.

My android device can connect to internet while on VPN and also access my home network.

My windows 10 cannot access internet or home network although it shows the green symbol.
(sometimes I can ping home network, but very slowly and only one packet arriving in 4)
(one time i could enter the home network for a few minutes and having internet but then it stopped altogether)

Both devices show connect symbol on client.

e.g. PING HOME NETWORK FROM REMOTE LOCATION WITH OPENVPN ON
Pinging 192.168.1.30 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.13: Destination host unreachable.
Reply from 192.168.1.30: bytes=32 time=2111ms TTL=128

Last edited:
OK - SOLVED

As Percy said in the .64SF topic use the smartphone client conf file from router on windows openvpn client by importing it.

I did it and it seems to work perfectly!

Thanks Percy!!!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!